Use of Google Apps for Education Account
All Elementary School students will have access to Google Apps for Education (GAFE). The GAFE “suite” includes docs, spreadsheet, presentation, and many other collaborative tools. Additionally, this suite of applications is available in “the cloud”, which allows our students immediate access to their work, from any device.
In order to create a safe, effective way for students and teachers to communicate with one another, ISY issues to each student an account under the domain @isyedu.org. Students access their account using Gmail. As such, ISY takes the following steps with student email usage:
- Students are encouraged to email only teachers and students in the ISY domain.
- Student Gmail is ad free, and is filtered for spam.
Additionally, parents have the right at any time to investigate the contents of their student’s email account, and/or their Google Apps for Education files. School staff are responsible for monitoring a student’s behavior online during the school day, while parents take over that responsibility at home. Students are responsible for their behavior at all times.
Students that adhere to proper use of Google Apps for Education, including email, will do so by demonstrating the following behavior:
- Students will not post personal contact information about themselves or other people.
- Students will inform a member of ISY school staff should they receive any message that is inappropriate or makes them feel uncomfortable.
- Students will be responsible for their own accounts
Access to, and the use of, Google Apps for Education is considered a privilege and benefit to students at ISY.